OK, so you recommend changing module-info.class to module-info.java and removing the reference to Module#addExports entirely, right? I can fix this as part of a general cleanup JBS issue [1] that is left open to pick up various typos, etc.

Would you recommend the same for the FXML annotation, and not refer them to Module#addOpens?