This seems like something that could be useful, although at this point in the release we would more likely do it for JDK 10. I do note that including the class that made the illegal access is generally a good idea when that class is attempting the access on its own behalf. For frameworks such as JavaFX beans or FXML, we are making the request on behalf of an application, it wasn't as helpful to have the class itself be in the error message (which was Mandy's main point). So there are at least two cases to consider if we end up creating such a utility method.

Thanks.

-- Kevin

Gregg Wonderly wrote:
If there is not already such an exception, it would seem like a good idea to
have an exception that formats such a message from constructor parameters
providing the details so that it’s the same everywhere, and so that it can be
changed in once place if needed.

Gregg