All,

WebGL is something that is currently in the planning pipeline with a relatively high priority. This means it is not under active development yet, but we already have engineers working on the research towards this feature. Once this is concluded and the scope of the work better understood, a JEP will be filed to engage the community on this project, and notification will be sent to the openjfx-dev mailing list.

In reference to the question on whether WebView uses WebKit rendering or JavaFX rendering, I believe the answer is the latter.

-- Jonathan