That all sounds good.

As for the packager, it will likely continue to be a source of issues like this now that it is gone from the JDK, and isn't part of the unbundled FX builds.

I just filed a bug [1] to remove the qualified export from javafx.graphics to jdk.packager (and to disable building the packager even when building using an Oracle JDK) -- see my recent reply to the OpenJFX updates thread [1]. Perhaps I should expand that issue to remove references to it from the IDE files as well.

Ultimately, we should delete modules/jdk.packager* and the references to it in build.gradle, etc., but that can be done as a follow-on cleanup issue, which I just filed [3]. Note that the source code would still available for anyone who wants it, either from the openjfx/10u-dev/rt repo or from the openjfx/jfx-dev/rt repo using the jdk-11+13 tag.

[2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2018-May/021894.html