Java Webstart is gone in Java 11.

This means there are no means left to build and distribute standalone Java
applications across multiple platforms.

Java Webstart was deprecated since the “old model” of having a separate
system-wide JRE capable of running Java programs from different sources, was
supposedly outmoded by the “new model”, i.e. stand-alone apps, complete with
their own bundled JRE. ...but then all means to create a stand-alone
application was also deprecated and removed.

If you need webstart or application packaging, you must wait for the proposed
jpackager, and remain at Java 10 until then.

/Lennart Börjeson

Electrogramma ab iPhono meo missum est