> How can we continue to upgrade to newer OpenJFX as time goes by. Will the
> later OpenJFX 13+ work with JDK 11 or is it just "FX N run JDK N-1" (one
> version backward support)?

There is a separate thread about this:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2018-September/022527.html

It seems we are moving to a consensus where we use existing JDK versions as
long as there are no new API's/VM changes that really benefit JavaFX,
however the "guaranteed" required version for JavaFX N would be Java N or
Java N-1.

> We would probably target the Java 11 because it is LTS. Changes to JDK will
> be backported up to september 2023 by the community. If we are interested
> in getting updates on OpenJFX also we would then need to always upgrade it.
> I reckon there will not be a OpenJFX 11 LTS.

Actually, there is. See
https://gluonhq.com/javafx-11-release-and-support-plans/ for commercial
support for JavaFX 11 LTS.

Basically, you have 3 options:
1. Move along with the latest and greatest JavaFX releases (free)
2. Stick with a given release (free, unsupported)
3. Stick with an LTS release and get commercial support to get updates

- Johan