On 11/14/2019 10:12 AM, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
On 14.11.2019 16:34, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
On 13.11.2019 19:50, Kevin Rushforth wrote:
On 11/13/2019 9:42 AM, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
... cut ...
To reproduce the testcase one would need ooRexx and the Java bridge BSF4ooRexx
(all opensource) for
which I could come up with a zip-archive (assuming binaries within should be
64-bit) and a script to
set up the environment either for Windows, Linux or MacOS, whatever you advise.
Would that be o.k.?
We prefer not to rely on third-party libraries for test cases. In any case we
would not be able to
use that for a regression test / unit test.
If test units really seem to be important in this particular case, one
possibility would be to
create a minimalistic ScriptEngine implementation in pure Java just for the
sole purpose to allow
the creation of a test unit that is able to assert that FXMLLoader puts the
ScriptEngine.ARGV and
ScriptEngine.FILENAME entries into the ENGINE_SCOPE Bindings. E.g. having the
ScriptEngine's eval()
methods return the ScriptContext at invocation time in order to allow
inspection of the Bindings.
This way it would become also possible to write in addition test units that
also check whether all
FXML elements that carry a fx:id are really placed into the GLOBAL_SCOPE
Bindings.

Something like that seems reasonable, and would avoid a dependence on Nashorn, which in addition to having all the problems you mentioned, is deprecated for removal.

However,

Did you have something more to add?