Hi Anthony,

On 22.01.2020 17:07, Anthony Vanelverdinghe wrote:
> Your issue has been converted into a JDK issue, with your testcase attached
> [1].

Thank you *very* much for this information!

> Normally you should’ve received an e-mail at the time of this conversion,

Just searched all my e-mail folders and could not find it (looking for
"FXMLLoader" in the subject
of e-mails as the bug title contains that word) but could not find a matching
e-mail for whatever
reasons.

> but you can check this yourself by using the internal review ID as in [2]. If
> you’d like to
> contribute a fix, see [3].
>

> Kind regards, Anthony

> <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8234959>
>
> [2] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JI-9062887
> <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JI-9062887>
>
> [3] https://github.com/openjdk/jfx <https://github.com/openjdk/jfx>

Thank you also for these links (and I learned something new on how to check for
it using the
internal review id with your [2], thanks a lot for this hint as well)!

Will go back and study all the necessary procedures (forgot a lot since reading
them the last time)
and will try to contribute the fix in the proper way but it may take me a
little while (currently
quite busy around here).

---

Maybe one more question: there would be an optimization possible by compiling
scripts for script
engines that have the javax.script.Compilable interface implemented and use the
compiled version to
execute/evaluate the scripts (may be helpful for event handler code e.g. for
onMouseMove event
handlers). Can the fix include such an optimization or should there be a
separate discussion/RFE for
it beforehand? (Adding this would be trivial in the context of the fix, however
the bug description
would not hint at such an optimization.)

---rony