On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 13:56:39 GMT, Florian Kirmaier <fkirma...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> here's where it was added: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8151617
>
> I don't see an API in the discussion, on how to remove a specific listener.
> Did i miss something? It seems to me, that the API is written to support only
> a single listener per property.

the api is in a related issue (should be noted in the issue above). The
use-cases mentioned in the isssue: it's a do-once scenario with the skin (and
its subclasses) as the only user: multiple listeners can be registered,
typically by a skin and/or its subclasses, each can be pre/postpended (or
replaced) in the chain for that property and all are unregistered at dispose
time. So I think it's really bad to use it in another collaborator like the
indicator, particularly if that is re-created often and each of the instances
need to remove the listener.