On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 14:01:08 GMT, Jeanette Winzenburg <faste...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Yes, that doesn't make a lot of sense. It's probably an artifact because I
>> expected a different API do unregister the listener. I'm gonna change it
>> back!
>
> just thinking aloud: actually, it's rather whacky that the indicator
> (mis-)uses the skin's multiplePropertyListener - it's api isn't meant for
> frequent register/unregisters (the unregisters is quite a heavy measure).
> Maybe it should have its own? Or the other way round: skin listening to the
> property and indicator having a method to update based on font which is
> invoked by skin's listener?

Yes, that would be reasonable.

I would rewrite the fix, add an method "updateFont" to the skin, which also
updates the DeterminationIndicator.

When I look into the code, I'm a little bit confused. The fontListeners doesn't
get called without a font-change. In this case, the variable doneTextWidth and
doneTextHeight never get's initialized. Do I miss something or is the current
code wrong?