On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 12:00:23 GMT, Ajit Ghaisas <aghai...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Also, I'm a bit weary about the "else if" (vs a simple "else") - wouldn't it
>> be some kind of setup error if the node orientation is neither rtl nor ltr?
>> If so, I would add a test to check for it once.
>
> Initially I had thought about adding separate test file for RTL - something
> like RTLTableViewKeyInputTest - but, realized that although it's a cleaner
> approach, we would simply duplicate the tests. Also, the fact is only
> LEFT/RIGHT key navigation is sensitive to NodeOrientation - hence only a
> subset of tests needed modification. This is the reason I have parameterized
> the test.
>
> To your specific question, since it is a parameterized test, only possible
> values are LTR and RTL which are specified as @Parameterized.Parameters. I
> don't think, we need additional check for some other value.

Regarding your suggestion of having forward/backward semantic methods and
calling them in tests -
There are two types of tests -
1. Key action remains same - asserts differ based on NodeOrientation
2. Key action differs based on NodeOrientation - but, asserts remain same

Example of 1 is - test_rt18488_selectToLeft
Example of 2 is - test_rt18591_cell_1

Your suggestion can be applied only to the tests of type-2. I will try to
update tests of this type.