I just took another look at the SpinnerValueFactory API docs. The use of the term "circular" heavily implies modulo arithmetic as the expected behavior if wrapAround is true. That the usual meaning of "wrap" versus "clamp" when you have a range bounded on both ends. Maybe the confusion comes from the fact that it isn't stated as clearly as it might be, coupled with a single example of a step by one going from max to min (if incrementing). I note that example doesn't say what the amountToStepBy is, but it wasn't trying to be prescriptive.

Since the current behavior of "wrap around unless you happen to wrap a bit too much and then we'll clamp" doesn't make sense in any universe that I can think of, it is fine to treat this as a bug. I'm not worried about "bug compatibility" here.

Clarifying the spec at the same time seems like a good idea to me. A related issue is that the default value of wrapAround is not specified (the default is `false`, but you wouldn't know that from reading the docs). This should also be addressed at the same time.

You mentioned that this is specific to IntegerValueFactory, but it looks like DoubleValueFactory (and maybe ListValueFactory) have the same bug. Or am I missing something?

On an unrelated note, I just noticed that the SpinnerValueFactory constructor has no documentation. This is because it is an implicitly added constructor, which is an anti-pattern for public API. I'll file a separate issue for that.

-- Kevin