The Android/iOS work is based on GraalVMs Native Image which has some limitations. These can be found here: https://github.com/oracle/graal/blob/master/substratevm/LIMITATIONS.md I stumbled over the problem with Method Handles when I tried to integrate some third-party software into it. (E.g. Log4J and NSMenuFX)(I had to abandon Log4J and fixed the problems in NSMenuFX.)