On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 11:35:50 GMT, Ajit Ghaisas <aghai...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This is a test fix.
>
> Root cause:
> - For ButtonTest - Incorrect use of MouseEventFirer - which puts Button on to
> the stage and shows it before firing mouse event
> - For ComboBoxTest - adding ComboBox to a Stage, not showing the Stage but
> trying to show the ComboBox
>

> Fix :
> - For ButtonTest - Moved MouseEventFirer usage from test class to the 2 tests
> that need it
> - For ComboBoxTest - Started using StageLoader (which adds comboBox to the
> stage and shows it) instead of separate Scene and Stage creation.
>

> I have attached the logs captured before and after this fix to the JBS.

modules/javafx.controls/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/ButtonTest.java
line 425:

> 423:
> 424:         mouse.dispose();
> 425:     }

just curious: do we have to dispose the mouseFirer? If so, that pattern isn't
safe because it will not happen if the test fails.

modules/javafx.controls/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/ComboBoxTest.java
 line 658:

> 656:         StageLoader sl = new StageLoader(comboBox);
> 657:
> 658:

good catch :) But wouldn't show the stage have the same effect? (It's just me
having a personal dislike of stageloader :)

modules/javafx.controls/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/control/ComboBoxTest.java
 line 679:

> 677:
> 678:         sl.dispose();
> 679:     }

just for completeness: same as mouse.dispose above :)