On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 15:33:36 GMT, Frederic Thevenet <ftheve...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> That file was modified earlier in the year without the copyright year being
>> updated, so it will be updated by a script when @arapte implements
>> [JDK-8254101](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8254101) early next
>> week. So to avoid a possible merge conflict, you can just leave it alone.
>
> I've been looking for other occurrences of the same issue in other places,
> and came across this one, in TextFlow:
>
> https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/blob/f2928d9506b928d991d7474e36bc5a0b24d3b017/modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/scene/text/TextFlow.java#L614
>
> From what I gather, this is likely to cause the same result.
>
> If this is indeed a bug, should we address it in the PR or open another JBS
> issue?

Good catch. Yes, `TextFlow` has the same problem, and ought to be fixed as part
of this, probably by deleting that method and using the public methods in
Region. It seems wholly unnecessary to use the copied method, since the value
of `snap` is always set to `isSnapPixel()`, which is what the public methods do.