On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 17:04:41 GMT, Ambarish Rapte <ara...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Looks good.
>
> Apologies for delay on this review, Change looks good but I did observe an
> issue with layout of TabPane header area when the header is set to be shown
> on Left or Right side. The last tab-header's border seems to be clipped.
> Please check the code below. This is a very specific scenario, If tab's label
> is changed from "Tab" to "tab" then the issue does not occur. I did not
> observe any other such scenarios yet.
>
> import javafx.application.Application;
> import javafx.scene.Scene;
> import javafx.scene.control.TabPane;
> import javafx.scene.control.Tab;
> import javafx.stage.Stage;
> import javafx.geometry.Side;
>
> public class TabPaneExample extends Application {
>         launch(args);
>     }
>
>     public void start(Stage primaryStage) {
>         Tab tab0 = new Tab("Tab 0");
>         Tab tab1 = new Tab("Tab 1");
>       Tab tab2 = new Tab("Tab 2");
>       TabPane tabPane = new TabPane();
>         tabPane.getTabs().addAll(tab0, tab1, tab2);
>       tabPane.setSide(Side.LEFT);
>
>         Scene scene = new Scene(tabPane);
>         primaryStage.setScene(scene);
>         primaryStage.show();
>     }
> }
> ![with
> fix](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/11330676/103559181-bd8ef880-4edb-11eb-8b87-cc6b0045b366.png)
>     |   ![without
> fix](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/11330676/103559271-deefe480-4edb-11eb-99eb-fbc354d070fe.png)
> Output with this fix.      |    Output without this fix.
>
> Edit: Also, please note the difference of space between letter `a` and `b` in
> Tab's label.

@arapte I couldn't reproduce the problem you are seeing with the border, but I
do see the text spacing issue. Did you merge in the latest changes from master
into your local branch when you ran your tests? This is the best way to ensure
you are running what will eventually be integrated (especially when the source
branch is fairly out of date, which I see that it is in this case).

Update: If I run your test program using a build directly from the target
branch, I see what you are seeing with the clipped tab pane border. That is
likely an unrelated bug that has since been fixed.

The text spacing does seem to be changed as a result of this fix. It will need
a closer look to know whether this fix has caused the problem, or exposed a bug
elsewhere.