On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 13:10:33 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I'm suspecting that this fix might be revealing an issue related to
>> [JDK-8199592](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8199592).
>> Keeping in mind that the revision on which this fix is based does *not*
>> include the fix for JDK-8199592, a way to confirm that would be to rebase
>> that fix on top of the latest rev and see if the test program still exhibits
>> the same behaviour.
>>  I'll try to do that later on today.
>
> @fthevenet The truncated line is very likely related to the fix for
> [JDK-8199592](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8199592). I always
> merge in the latest master when doing my testing, which is why I initially
> didn't see that particular problem.
>
> The text spacing is a different problem, since the altered behavior after
> applying your fix happens with or without the fix for JDK-8199592. It seems
> likely that it is a separate bug exposed by the fix for this bug rather than
> caused by it.

I did some additional testing this morning, and there is definitely an existing
problem with positioning labels and text nodes, which is more noticeable when
drawing vertical text. The values I see for layoutX and layoutY of the text
node (or label) are not correct either before or after this fix. So with this
fix, they are just wrong in a slightly different way.

So I don't think this should block the integration of this PR. Rather, this is
another follow-up bug that we should file.