On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 08:16:51 GMT, PrimosK
<github.com+1519324+prim...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Fixing the Debug build of WebKit.
>>
>> Test: Build JavaFX using `-PCOMPILE_WEBKIT=true -PCONF=DebugNative` and test
>> using a simple HelloWebView app.
>
> Hi dear OpenJdk team,
>
> At first I would like to thank you for looking into this. I am the author of
> original `8262276` ticket.
>
> I would just like to share some additional information with you. I've fetched
> and checked out this pull request (`pull/417`) and tried to run the build
> once more inside exactly the same environment in which original `8262276`
> ticket was produced.
>
> The build failed again. The only difference I can spot at this time is the
> line at which the build failed (it changed from 3445 to 3453):
>
> * Where:
> Build file 'C:\jfx-arun-joseph\build.gradle' line: 3453
>
> Please let me know if you need any further information.

> The build failed again. The only difference I can spot at this time is the
> line at which the build failed (it changed from 3445 to 3453):
>
> Please let me know if you need any further information.

You might be running into a different problem then, since this patch solve the
compilation problem for Arun, for me, and for our CI build systems, when
building with `-PCONF=DebugNative` (as a side note, we have some problems
running the unit tests, but that's a separate issue). I have a couple questions
for you:

1. Does the build work if you build without `-PCONF=DebugNative`? If it still
fails, then you are definitely running into a different problem, likely
something in your environment.

2. Can you double-check the versions of the build tools that you are using? We
build using Visual Studio 2019 rather than the 2017 that you are using,
although it will build with the latest VS2017 update. The versions of the other
tools should be:
* gradle 6.3
* cmake 3.13.3
* ninja 1.8.2

3. Have you tried building on a platform other than Windows?