On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 23:06:54 GMT, Phil Race <p...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/print/JobSettings.java line 541:
>>
>>> 539:      * @since 17
>>> 540:      */
>>> 541:     public String getOutputFile() {
>>
>> This should be final (as should the setter). I see that other getter and
>> setter methods in this class are also non-final, but we shouldn't propagate
>> this mistake.
>>
>> Also, you don't need javadoc comments on the getters and setters, since it
>> will copy them from the property (and add appropriate links).
>
> But the JobSettings class is final .. is it still necessary ?

It's still a good idea to follow the pattern, so yes let's make the new methods
final. We can file a cleanup bug for the existing ones (and since the class is
final, we can do it without compatibility concerns).

Also, I built the docs, and it is better to not add any javadoc comments on the
setter and getter.