On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:42:44 GMT, Ajit Ghaisas <aghai...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This PR fixes javadoc warnings in javafx.controls and javafx.web modules.
> Note :
> - The javadoc needs to be generated with the JDK 18 EA build.
> - There are still 20 javadoc warnings remaining in javafx.controls module and
> 3 warnings remaining in javafx.web module. The root cause is different and
> they will be addressed under
> [JDK-8270996](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8270996)

Took a quick look at the new docs. I didn't check the resulting HTML or the
corrected of the description, just format and grammar.

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/chart/AreaChart.java line
582:

> 580:
> 581:     /**
> 582:      * Get the {@code CssMetaData} associated with this class, which may
> include the

Should be "Gets the..."

Same for the other methods.

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/CheckMenuItem.java
line 89:

> 87:
> **************************************************************************/
> 88:     /**
> 89:      * Constructs a default CheckMenuItem.

`{@code CheckMenuItem}`

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/Control.java line
874:

> 872:
> 873:     /**
> 874:      * Get the unmodifiable list of the controls css styleable
> properties.

Maybe "Gets the unmodifiable list of the control's css styleable properties."?
I'm not sure what this method really does, but if it relates to a single
control then that apostrophe is needed.

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/DateCell.java line
46:

> 44:
> 45:     /**
> 46:      * Creates a default DateCell.

`{@code DateCell}`

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/MultipleSelectionModelBase.java
 line 159:

> 157:
> 158:     /**
> 159:      * Focus the item at the given index.

Focuses

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/MultipleSelectionModelBase.java
 line 160:

> 158:     /**
> 159:      * Focus the item at the given index.
> 160:      * @param index the index of the item that needs to be focused.

No need for a period at the end.

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/PopupControl.java
line 1147:

> 1145:
> 1146:         /**
> 1147:          * Constructs a default CSSBridge

`{@code CSSBridge}`

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/SortEvent.java line
47:

> 45:     /**
> 46:      * Get the default singleton {@code SortEvent}.
> 47:      * @param <C> type of control

"the type of control"

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/skin/TableViewSkinBase.java
 line 252:

> 250:
> 251:     /**
> 252:      * Constructs a {@code TableViewSkinBase} for given control.

"for the given"

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/skin/TextInputControlSkin.java
 line 731:

> 729:
> 730:     /**
> 731:      * Handle input method event.

"Handles an input method event"

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/skin/VirtualContainerBase.java
 line 67:

`{@code VirtualContainerBase}`