On Thu, 7 Jul 2022 22:46:53 GMT, Laurent Bourgès <lbour...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Changelog for this MarlinFX 0.9.4.5 release:
>>
>> The Marlin-renderer 0.9.4.5 release provides bug fixes on Marlin's path
>> clipper:
>> - improved Stroker to handle huge coordinates, up to 1E15
>> - improved PathClipFilter (filler) to handle huge coordinates, up to 1E15
>>

>> This is the Marlin-renderer 0.9.4.3 release providing few bug / enhancement
>> fixes in the MarlinRenderingEngine:
>> - Update DPQS to latest OpenJDK 14 patch
>> - Improve cubic curve offset computation
>>

>> The Marlin-renderer 0.9.4.2 release provides a single long-standing bug fix
>> in the MarlinRenderingEngine:
>> - JDK-8230728, https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8230728.
>>

>> Marlin-renderer 0.9.4.1 provides only a single bug fix in the path clipper,
>> reported first against JavaFX 11:
>> - JDK-8226789, https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8226789.
>>

>> This is the Marlin-renderer 0.9.4 release providing an updated Dual Pivot
>> Quick Sort (19.05) as its internal sorter faster than the Marlin's optimized
>> MergeSort (x-position + edge indices) for arrays larger than 256.
>>
>> Special Thanks to Vladimir Yaroslavskiy that provided me up-to-date DPQS
>> 19.05 with many variants, improving almost-sorted datasets. We are
>> collaborating to provide a complete Sort framework (15 algorithms, many
>> various datasets, JMH benchmarks) publicly on github:
>> see https://github.com/bourgesl/nearly-optimal-mergesort-code
>
> Laurent Bourgès has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   fixed pixel color tests on hi-dpi

Yes, the tests now all pass on my MacBook Pro which has a retina display.

> I will merge with my latest marlin code asap = 0.9.4.6 (2 more bugs fixed),
> low risk (few lines) if you agree.

Yes, that would be fine. Let's change the titles of this PR and the JBS issue
to reflect the .6 patch version. Also, can you merge in the latest upstream
master? Your branch is very out of date.

Since I am just starting the review, I'm not sure whether we will be able to
get this in before the RDP1 deadline, so it will either just barely make JavaFX
19 (if right before RDP1) or it can be integrated early in JavaFX 20.