On Wed, 19 Oct 2022 12:46:03 GMT, Douglas Held <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I think there's something else of quality worth discussing here. Is `==`
> appropriate given the values under comparison are `double`?

It's not. I have mentioned this exact case in
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8226930. I can assign it to you (or
self-assign it yourself) if you want to work on it. If not, I will get to it at
some point (no pun intended). This issue will require to go over the classes
that override equals and see if they do it properly, including `hashcode`.
Sometimes the `equals` implementation is "good enough", so there's not need to
rewrite it in all the classes, but especially for public APIs, users should
expect correct implementations.