On Wed, 9 Nov 2022 00:53:19 GMT, Thiago Milczarek Sayao <tsa...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> Simple fix to not requestFocus() on scene change.
>
> The attached bug sample shows that the TextField focused on the scene remains
> focused when the scene comes back.

I agree that changing from one scene to another should not cause a new request
focus call. My only concern is to ensure that this will not cause any
regressions for the initial setting of a scene. A safer change might be to
qualify the existing call to `requestFocus` with a check of the previous scene,
and only call it if `oldScene == null`.

Also, is it possible to add an automated unit test? If not, then a manual test
would be in order.