On Wed, 9 Nov 2022 00:53:19 GMT, Thiago Milczarek Sayao <tsa...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> Simple fix to not requestFocus() on scene change.
>
> The attached bug sample shows that the TextField focused on the scene remains
> focused when the scene comes back.

> I agree that changing from one scene to another should not cause a new
> request focus call. My only concern is to ensure that this will not cause any
> regressions for the initial setting of a scene. A safer change might be to
> qualify the existing call to `requestFocus` with a check of the previous
> scene, and only call it if `oldScene == null`.
>
> /reviewers 2

The reason I found this is that `requestFocus()` in glass native side was being
called before the window was visible. I'm not sure about windows or macos, but
requesting focus on a unmapped window doesn't work (on Linux) and it seems
logical to me. Considering that the usual scenario is to `setScene()` and then
`show()`.