I have an issue related to child stages not being allowed to be as large as their parent stage under Linux.  It's somewhere fairly deep in the system, and I was wondering if that would be near these things you are planning to do.  I wouldn't know myself how to fix it, but can help where I can:

https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8248435

If not, that's fine :)

--John