On Tue, 29 Nov 2022 18:24:29 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/TableColumn.java
>> line 134:
>>
>>> 132:  * @since JavaFX 2.0
>>> 133:  */
>>> 134: public class TableColumn<S,T> extends TableColumnBase<S,T> {
>>
>> This class is part of the public API, so this change must be reverted. The
>> list of implemented classes shows up in the class file and in the javadoc. I
>> suspect that this might be a compatible change, but would need to
>> double-check to be certain. In any case, I don't want this change made.
>
> interesting - there is technically no change, as `TableColumnBase` implements
> `EventTarget`.
> @hjohn does javadoc produce a different result?

I checked, and yes it does produce a different result:

Current:

public class TableColumn<S,T>
extends TableColumnBase<S,T>
implements EventTarget

After proposed change:

public class TableColumn<S,T>
extends TableColumnBase<S,T>

Additionally, the class file is different. The signature for the class stored
in the class file has `implements EventTarget` before this change, and not
after . I'm not saying it's incompatible, but it is out of scope for this sort
of global cleanup.