On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 17:38:45 GMT, Thiago Milczarek Sayao <tsa...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Simple fix to not requestFocus() on scene change.
>>
>> The attached bug sample shows that the TextField focused on the scene
>> remains focused when the scene comes back.
>
> Thiago Milczarek Sayao has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Fix timeline

Yes, it is a timing problem, most likely related to the performance of my
Ubuntu 20.04 VM. I left comments inline with two suggested changes (I think
only the first is necessary, but setting iconify before the stage is shown may
make the test more robust). With those changes, it fails reliably without your
fix and passes reliably with your fix.

tests/system/src/test/java/test/robot/javafx/scene/SceneChangeShouldNotFocusStageTest.java
 line 54:

> 52:     @Test
> 53:     void windowShouldRemainIconified() {
> 54:         Util.sleep(1000);

I recommend changing this to 2000.

tests/system/src/test/java/test/robot/javafx/scene/SceneChangeShouldNotFocusStageTest.java
 line 86:

> 84:
> 85:             stage.show();
> 86:             stage.setIconified(true);

I recommend swapping these two statements.