We already have ToggleButton:

Unlike RadioButtons, ToggleButtons in a ToggleGroup do not attempt to force
> at least one selected ToggleButton in the group.

That is, if a ToggleButton is selected, clicking on it will cause it to
> become unselected.

With RadioButton, clicking on the selected button in the group will have no
> effect.

Checkboxes tend to allow multiple selection ("select all items that apply
to you"), which means they don't need to toggle each other, they are
independent. They also have indeterminate states, which I don't know how to
address regarding ToggleGroup selection policies.