On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:32:07 GMT, Karthik P K <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> tests/system/src/test/java/test/robot/helloworld/CustomSecurityManagerTest.java
>>  line 202:
>>
>>> 200:                 if (row == 0) {
>>> 201:                     // avoid the top area as it might contain
>>> OS-specific UI (Macs with a notch)
>>> 202:                     y = h / 3;
>>
>> Now that this tests uses visualBounds, there is no need to worry about
>> avoiding the top, so this can be something like "y = 4".
>
> When the app enters full screen mode in MacBook Pro M1, there will be still a
> black strip on the top because of the notch. So assigning small value will
> not fetch green color from app window. It requires at least y=40.
> So I think we can add new static final variable with a value of 40 or 50 to
> be on the safer side and use it in all the places so that it works for all
> the cases.
> Please let me know your thought on this.

Oh, I meant to say that you could use a small offset like 3 or 4 added to
visualBounds.minX/minY for the left and top edges. Similarly, you should use a
small offset from visualBounds.maxX/maxY for the right and bottom edges (rather
than using width / height).

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1103#discussion_r1172761735