On Fri, 5 May 2023 16:35:38 GMT, Michael Strauß <mstra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I'm not quite sold on having `notifyKey` and `notifyKeyEx` be two separate
> methods. Why not just have one? Not changing the existing call sites doesn't
> seem to be a sufficient reason to expand the toolkit API surface.

The long term goal is to have one method. Eventually the Mac and Linux
platforms will transition over, PR #694 has already been entered for Linux and
bugs like [JDK-8087863](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8087863) require
the new method on the Mac. Once the transition is done I'll enter a bug to
remove the old method and rename the new one.

I thought it would be easiest to review and test one platform at a time so I
kept `notifyView` around as a compatibility method. It just calls into
`notifyViewEx` with a `hardwareCode` of -1.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1126#issuecomment-1536693719