On Fri, 26 May 2023 20:21:15 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I've tested this change on Windows 11 at 225% scale (just in case). TableView
> performance is much better (I think there is still a bit of difference
> between looking at the top of the table vs. the bottom, but it's hardly
> noticeable).
>
> Question: is this fix supposed to affect performance of TreeTableView? I've
> tested with the MonkeyTester
> https://github.com/andy-goryachev-oracle/MonkeyTest
>
> and at 10,000,000 rows the TreeTableView grinds to a halt. Perhaps there is
> another bug for TTV?

This fix only changes VitrualFlow, hence it does not touch TableView nor
TreeTableView. However, the internal implementations of TableView and
TreeTableView are rather different, so a fix for a TableView issue does not
implies a fix for a similar issue in TreeTableView. If you have a reproducible
snippet for TreeTableView, it would be great if you can file a JBS issue for
that.

> modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/skin/VirtualFlow.java
>  line 3092:
>
>> 3090:                 }
>> 3091:                 recalculateAndImproveEstimatedSize(0, currentIndex,
>> oldOffset);
>> 3092:
>
> minor: extra newline

done