On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 07:51:56 GMT, Jay Bhaskar <jbhas...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Issue: WCMediaPlayer does not support HTTP live streaming m3u8 format. Giving
> error com.sun.javafx.webkit.prism.WCMediaPlayerImpl onError WARNING: onError,
> errCode=0, msg=Unsupported protocol "data"
>
> Solution: Do not invoke the current media time operation in an error state.
> As the WCMediaPlayer might not be a valid object.

I left one question about the fix (and also noted a couple minor formatting
issues).

I presume you've tested this on all platforms both with media that produces the
error condition, and also verifying that valid media continues to play
correctly?

@HimaBinduMeda Can you be the second reviewer?

modules/javafx.web/src/main/native/Source/WebCore/platform/graphics/java/MediaPlayerPrivateJava.cpp
 line 436:

> 434:     // in case of hls media m3u8 format check network state
> 435:     // since jfx media do not support hls live streaming protocol
> 436:     if ( MediaPlayerNetworkState::NetworkError ==
> MediaPlayer::NetworkState::NetworkError)

Are there other errors that might occur, or is this the only one you need to
check?

Minor: delete the extra space after the `(`.

modules/javafx.web/src/main/native/Source/WebCore/rendering/RenderLayerCompositor.cpp
 line 1201:

> 1199: // in case of video data format like m3u8 error case ,check if layer
> needs compositing
> 1200: #if PLATFORM(JAVA)
> 1201:     if(willBeComposited != needsToBeComposited(layer, queryData))

Minor: add extra space after `if`.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1212#pullrequestreview-1582433688
PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1212#issuecomment-1682145235
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1212#discussion_r1297102854