On Fri, 18 Aug 2023 22:42:22 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > (unless we are also willing to create a new shared interface that Node,
> > MenuItem, and Toggle all inherit)
>
> that would be a clean(er) design, at the expense of slight runtime overhead
> traversing the interface table. could there be any other issues?

I think a new interface should solve a problem, and not merely serve to
organize similarly-named methods. What would you use such an interface for?
I've previously proposed a content graph (see #1096), which would unify SG
nodes and non-SG nodes and represent these graphs in a way that makes them
independent from skins. Such a feature might warrant thinking about moving
`getProperties()`/`hasProperties()` to a shared interface.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1215#issuecomment-1684517516