On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 23:45:58 GMT, Sai Pradeep Dandem <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> **Issue:**
>> Using pseudo classes in programmatic query using Node.lookupAll() or
>> Node.lookup() gives unexpected results.
>>
>> **Cause:**
>> There is no check for checking the psuedo states matching in the applies()
>> method of SimpleSelector.java. So checking for "applies()" alone is not
>> sufficient in lookup() method.
>>
>> **Fix:**
>> Included an extra check for the psuedo states to match.
>
> Sai Pradeep Dandem has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   8185831: Included space

modules/javafx.graphics/src/test/java/test/javafx/scene/Node_lookup_Test.java
line 154:

> 152:      */
> 153:     @Test
> 154:     public void lookupPseudoTest2() {

the reason I've used different nodes is because the situation you have with
existing nodes might give false positive.

I wanted to make sure that selector "a." will collect nodes with ".a" and
".a:pseudo", but in the standard set of nodes with g and hg nodes - but they
have the same :testPseudo1, so it's not exactly equivalent.

The other option is to add new nodes, one with ".x" and another with ".x:pseudo"
If you do that, it might be easier to change the javadoc format to do something
like this:

 └─ Pane
     ├─ VFlow (Pane) .flow
     │   ├─ ClippedPane (Pane) .content