> When the Java layer removes a systemmenu, release the native resources
> related to this systemmenu.
> This removes the strong JNI Global ref, which prevents its references from
> being gc'ed.
>
> The current implementation for the mac-specific system menu creates a menu,
> but never releases its resources. In the `dealloc` of this menu, the strong
> jni refs are deleted.
> With this PR, we now release the native resources associated with a menuItem
> when that one is removed from a menu. A consequence is that this menuItem
> should never be used after being removed from its current menu (e.g. it
> should not be re-added, or its text/shortcut should not be altered).
> The current implementation will create a new MacMenuDelegate every time a
> menuItem is inserted into a menu, so there should be no references to the
> native resources lingering.

Johan Vos has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or
a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by
the merge/rebase. The pull request contains three additional commits since the
last revision:

 - Check for null in the Java layer and avoid invoking native methods with a
zero pointer.
   Zero the relevant pointer in the MenuBarDelegate when a menu is removed.
 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into 8318841-macmenu
 - When the Java layer removes a systemmenu, release the native resources
related to this systemmenu.
   This removes the strong JNI Global ref, which prevents its references from
being gc'ed.

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1277/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1277/files/f7664b02..5cf8c948

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jfx&pr=1277&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jfx&pr=1277&range=00-01

  Stats: 651 lines in 32 files changed: 569 ins; 40 del; 42 mod
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1277.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jfx.git pull/1277/head:pull/1277