On Mon, 6 Nov 2023 17:53:42 GMT, Ambarish Rapte <ara...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> @arapte anything else I could do?
>
> @vlaaad
> Yes please, I think we should have a test along with this fix. A test is
> missing for this scenario.
> If a unit test is not feasible, can you please check to add a system test ? (
> may be something like setting F1 as accelerator key on a MenuItem results in
> MenuItem's action getting fired when Function+F1 is pressed )

I added a manual test to the original bug report. @arapte I would prefer to
approve this PR and submit the manual test under a separate PR since it's by a
different author. FWIW it works for me but you may see different results, the
function keys are overloaded and the OS or some other app you're running may
grab one of these shortcuts. That's why this test avoids Cmd-F5, on Ventura
that toggles Voice Over.

This variability is the primary reason I don't want to enter an automated Robot
test. Perhaps with some experience we can find a subset of the function keys
that work reliably for everyone but I don't know what that subset is now.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1252#issuecomment-1799036035