On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 11:39:30 GMT, Lukasz Kostyra <lkost...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> 1. Not when it will be promoted to public API. Adding record components
>> breaks backwards compatibility, so making this a record will not allow
>> adding more configuration later on. What might be possible is making it an
>> interface and using a record as an implementation.
>> 2. I think that this class can go beyond sampler configurations. For
>> example, wrapping is a render state, not a sampler state. Maybe something
>> more general like "TextureParameters" can work.
>
> I agree with 2. and I also think that `TextureParameters` would be a better
> name for this.
>
> This should also follow in below method names and such (ex.
> `setTextureParameters()` instead of `setTextureData()`)

These properties/parameters are actually Sampler properties. But `Sampler` is
implementation detail and so is `Texture`. Will it be good idea or overkill to
use different naming instead, like for example how we use
[ImageSmoothing](https://openjfx.io/javadoc/21/javafx.graphics/javafx/scene/canvas/GraphicsContext.html#setImageSmoothing(boolean))

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1281#discussion_r1411882540