On Fri, 1 Dec 2023 23:34:12 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Ambarish Rapte has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Mac a11y change for VALUE_STRING attribute for Spinner
>
> modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/glass/ui/mac/MacAccessible.java
> line 805:
>
>> 803:                 break;
>> 804:             case VALUE_STRING:
>> 805:                 if (getAttribute(ROLE) == AccessibleRole.SPINNER) {
>
> Why qualify this by the AccessibleRole? Might there be other controls in the
> future that report `VALUE_STRING`?

Yes Kevin, as of now VALUE_STRING is only used for Spinner, but it's a pattern
that is followed in this file: If anything is specific to a control we check
the role. It also helps in finding code specific to a control. Let's please
keep the check.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1291#discussion_r1413379685