> Surely, you don't suggest we should change the CSS ref?

A lot of that reference is derived from the source code. As an example,
look at all the Available CSS Properties tables. They contain the name,
values, defaults that are specified in the code, and the superclass they
inherit from.

It's not a must because these change rarely, but it does eliminate
inconsistencies and another place to update once a styleable property is
added.