On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 16:22:42 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I agree that it is not nice :)  However, changing this seems out of scope
>> for this PR as my changes are unrelated to this, and I didn't even touch
>> `CompoundSelector`.  As selectors are never stored in sets/maps, it is hard
>> to justify changing this as part of this PR as it would not be related to
>> improving performance.
>
> these lines discard about 4.5 bits of information on each step, surely that
> will affect performance, no?

I am confused, and maybe I am missing something. As far as I know, this method
is not called anywhere. I put a breakpoint in it. JavaFX does not use this
method anywhere, nor are Selectors ever used as keys in Sets or Maps.

What am I missing?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1316#discussion_r1445218594