On Sat, 20 Jan 2024 01:08:23 GMT, Martin Fox <m...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> modules/javafx.swing/src/main/java/javafx/embed/swing/InputMethodSupport.java
>>  line 132:
>>
>>> 130:             }
>>> 131:             if (selected[0] == null) selected[0] = "";
>>> 132:             return new AttributedString(selected[0]).getIterator();
>>
>> AtomicReference<String> ref = ...
>> String s = ref.get();
>> return new AttributedString(s == null ? "" : s).getIterator();
>>

>> here and L102?
>
> I'm not familiar enough with AtomicReference to have an opinion on this.
> Someone else will have to weigh in on this.

Either an array or an AtomicReference is OK in this case. AtomicReference is
thread-safe, but that's not a concern here, since using `runAndWait` ensures
that writing to the array happens before reading it.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1337#discussion_r1460459091