On Sat, 27 Jan 2024 19:27:25 GMT, Jose Pereda <jper...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Nir Lisker has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Update documentation on AnimationTimer methods
>
> modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/javafx/util/Utils.java line
> 1008:
>
>> 1006:      * @param runnable a {@code Runnable} encapsulating the code
>> 1007:      */
>> 1008:     public static void runOnFxThread(Runnable runnable) {
>
> I understand that this is a private package, and not public API, but do we
> need a null check of `runnable`? (Not needed for the current uses added from
> this PR, but possibly for future uses?)

I thought about it when I wrote this method, but I don't see much value in it
for an internal utility method as it doesn't serve as a boundary. In addition,
there was a discussion about future work that will eliminate the need for this
method by dealing with the threading issue at a deeper level, so it is somewhat
temporary.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1352#discussion_r1468658302