On Fri, 2 Feb 2024 15:40:35 GMT, Martin Fox <m...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Turning on warnings-as-errors for the macOS glass native code. Deprecated
>> declarations are excluded and still appear as warnings.
>>
>> In the code that tries to locate the application's dock icon there were
>> three instances where `NO` was being passed into a method that required a
>> pointer to a `BOOL`, not a `BOOL`. I suspect the intent was to check that
>> the path pointed to an existing file but not a directory. Since JavaFX has
>> gone this long without screening out directories correctly I decided not to
>> fix that behavior except at the very end.
>>
>> The only other changes of note are sending some NSNotification objects to
>> delegate API's that require them even though we know they're ignored on the
>> other side. It was the easiest way to get rid of the warning.
>
> Martin Fox has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge
> or a rebase. The pull request now contains 13 commits:
>
>  - Fixed ambiguous comment
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into macerrors
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into macerrors
>  - Remove reference to non-existent generic Java app icon
>  - Fixed umatched pragma push
>  - Remove unnecessary comment
>  - Simpler handling of temporary NSNotification
>  - Fixed leaked object. Removed unnecessary pragma.
>  - Consistency in dealing with path to app icon. Updated default image name.
>  - Turning off deprecation warnings on a per-file basis. Fixes for some
> warnings.
>  - ... and 3 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/compare/12816b57...1c4c4e96

Re-opening this PR. Instead of disabling deprecation warnings globally I added
pragmas to the relevant files. This will make it easier to continue the
clean-up; someone can file a bug against a specific file, remove the pragma,
and fix it up without having to wade through the warnings generated by the
other files.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/687#issuecomment-1924185627