> On Windows a common shortcut like Ctrl+'+' could only be invoked from the
> main keyboard and not the numeric keypad. Toolkit.getKeyCodeForChar did not
> have enough context to know whether it should return a result from the main
> keyboard or the keypad.
>
> This PR alters getKeyCodeForChar to pass in the code of the key the system is
> trying to match against. Only the Windows platform actually uses this
> additional information.
>
> On the Mac the numeric keypad has always worked due to the odd way
> getKeyCodeForChar is implemented (until PR #1209 the keypad worked more
> reliably than the main keyboard). On Linux getKeyCodeForChar is a mess;
> neither the main keyboard or the numeric keypad work reliably. I have an
> upcoming PR which should make both work correctly.

Martin Fox has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge
or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in
by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains seven additional commits since
the last revision:

 - Consistent terminology and more details in comments.
 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into keypadcombo
 - Added SEPARATOR to list of keypad keys
 - CharacterCombinations now work on the numeric keypad
 - Fixed Monocle
 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into keypadcombo
 - Added hint to getKeyCodeForChar to enable numeric keypad

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1289/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1289/files/7a297aee..6400299e

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jfx&pr=1289&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jfx&pr=1289&range=00-01

  Stats: 347637 lines in 7144 files changed: 198051 ins; 105131 del; 44455 mod
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1289.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jfx.git pull/1289/head:pull/1289