On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 19:26:42 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Martin Fox has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
>> merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
>> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains seven additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Consistent terminology and more details in comments.
>>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into keypadcombo
>>  - Added SEPARATOR to list of keypad keys
>>  - CharacterCombinations now work on the numeric keypad
>>  - Fixed Monocle
>>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into keypadcombo
>>  - Added hint to getKeyCodeForChar to enable numeric keypad
>
> tests/system/src/test/java/test/robot/com/sun/glass/ui/monocle/MonocleApplicationTest.java
>  line 143:
>
>> 141:                 char ch = (char) TEST_CASES[i][0];
>> 142:                 int expectedCode = TEST_CASES[i][1];
>> 143:                 int code =
>> MonocleApplicationShim._getKeyCodeForChar(ch, KeyEvent.VK_UNDEFINED);
>
> Do you want to add a new test(s) for the cases when the hint is important?

Looking through the Monocle code I see that it does support the numeric keypad
and could benefit from the provided hint. I didn't find any bug in the database
concerning KeyCharacterCombination support on Monocle so this may be a
non-issue. If it is a problem I think it should be addressed in a separate PR
at which point the test cases can be expanded.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1289#discussion_r1484552266