On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 03:58:24 GMT, John Hendrikx <jhendr...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > And on Linux I get similar failures to my Windows system due to no Monaco
> > font.
>
> Was the Tahoma font available there (you can see from the `TextLayoutTest >
> fail()` test) ?

It doesn't look like it:

org.opentest4j.AssertionFailedError: Check if this system test actually runs on
the build environment;
font loaded was [System Regular, System, Regular, System Regular, 12.0]
and [System Regular, System, Regular, System Regular, 12.0]
==> expected: <true> but was: <false>

> ...searching around the web, I get the impression that the fonts "Arial",
> "Verdana" and "Times New Roman" may be present on all three platforms.

That might make sense. Whichever font you do choose, you will want to add an
Assumption to check for its existence and skip the tests if not found.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1236#issuecomment-1937022815