On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 15:49:47 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > FontHelper.getNativeFont(
>
> perhaps we could pick a suitable font based on the platform? to make sure we
> always get a valid font?

The points tested will be specific to the font used, similar to the problems
with the #1236 PR.  So, it would have to be a font that has very similar widths
for the characters. Arial is one of the most available fonts across platforms.

Options are:
- Include some open source freely distributable font as part of
`src/test/resources` that we can load easily
- Simulate a font, perhaps using a mocking framework
- Use a very common font (Arial) and just make sure you have it installed
- Just accept that it is a system test and it's enough to have it run on one of
the platforms :)

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1323#issuecomment-1971618522