On Sat, 9 Mar 2024 04:07:45 GMT, John Hendrikx <jhendr...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Perhaps we should open an issue to solve this for all controls in one go? A
> solution that would prevent **any** `Node` from being displayed without CSS
> applied?

Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Checking the calls to `applyCss`, it is
mostly in table related classes and I remember that I already asked myself the
question whether they are really needed there.

> Although the change is an improvement, I think a similar problem will still
> be present when CSS changes. The cssForced flag I think needs to reset to
> false whenever a CSS styleable property of the tool tip is modified. That
> would include all such properties...

Will check. `Tooltip` is unfortunately a corner case where we to get some CSS
properties BEFORE we show it in order to correctly setup the animation timeline.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1394#issuecomment-1986803140