On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 10:33:58 GMT, Lukasz Kostyra <lkost...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> JFX minimum requirements guarantee 9Ex availability, so old non-Ex paths are
> no longer needed.
>
> In multiple parts (ex. Mesh, Graphics, etc.) where the Device is acquired I
> changed the type to explicitly use `IDirect3DDevice9Ex`. Technically it
> doesn't matter much (`IDirect3DDevice9Ex` inherits `IDirect3DDevice` - it was
> leveraged to transparently use the Ex device in the backend) but now we don't
> have the non-Ex device, so that keeps it a bit more consistent and clear IMO.
>
> Verified by running tests on Windows 11, did not notice any regressions.
> Unfortunately I have no way to test this on older systems.

> I traced the issue to commit id
> [3914db2](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/commit/3914db26f3abb573ed0e320a361477e1d3e7a9ac),
>  which is a merge Kevin did ~6 weeks ago. Placing the head on this commit or
> after causes the above error, but moving 1 commit back to "Create release
> notes for JavaFX 22" lets the application start normally.

That merge was to bring in the CPU fixes for the April CPU. This could indicate
a problem with one of the fixes. How easy is it to reproduce? Does it reproduce
on startup or when you turn on lighting of some sort? Can you reproduce this on
more than one system?

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1445#issuecomment-2077286537