On Thu, 25 Apr 2024 12:55:48 GMT, Oliver Kopp <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Can you help me

Sure!  So I copied the test class (renamed, since we have another one with the
name of TextAreaTest to `tests\system\src\test\java\test\com\sun\glass\ui\win`,
same dir where WinTextRangeProviderTest.java resides.  Here is the file:

package test.com.sun.glass.ui.win;

import javafx.application.Application;
import javafx.scene.Scene;
import javafx.scene.control.TextArea;
import javafx.scene.layout.VBox;
import javafx.stage.Stage;

public class TextAreaTest_Narrator_8330462 extends Application {
    public static void main(String[] args) throws Throwable {
        launch(args);
    }

    @Override
    public void start(Stage primaryStage) {
        primaryStage.setScene(new Scene(new VBox(new TextArea("javafx test"))));
        primaryStage.show();
    }
}

then, launch it in Eclipse.  this creates a run configuration, but fails to
launch.

Edit the run configuration - select [Dependencies] tab, click on [Override
Dependencies] button and replace the text in the bottom area with this:

--add-modules=javafx.base,javafx.graphics,javafx.controls,javafx.swing
--add-opens javafx.controls/test.com.sun.javafx.scene.control.test=javafx.base
--add-exports javafx.base/com.sun.javafx=ALL-UNNAMED
-Djava.library.path="../../../../build/sdk/lib"

like so:

![Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 08 47
25](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/assets/107069028/73e63c2c-99a8-4434-8915-30751b7553dd)

then run again.  this time it *should* launch.  ;-)

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1442#issuecomment-2077616263